|Panoramic Picture of Journey Studios|
|Journey Studios 1|
|Journey Studios 2|
|Journey Studios 3|
- Mask collection.
- Original art of Eddie by Derek Riggs. (The official Iron Maiden illustrator)
- DC Eaglemoss figurine collection. (almost complete)
- Lots of art books and references.
- Lightbox. Never use it, and I don’t think I ever will L
- Soccer Trophy. Granted, it was from elementary school and we ended up sixth but they still gave it to us as consolation price. I have no idea why the hell I have it. I play no soccer whatsoever.
- Favorite Flash cap.
- Drafting table. The one I used in New York.
- Comfy chair. Kind of expensive though.
- Portable easel when I feel like painting with traditional tools. Sadly I have no room for it at my place so I think it will stay that way for a while. Also oil painting stinks the whole apartment.
- Vintage comic book roulette rack.
- The Flash cardboard. (Wally West)
- Batman statue. (Museum Quality)
- The Hulk. (He is always angry as you can see)
- Golden Link of the Legend of Zelda. #Truefan
- Darth Maul with mechanical legs. (Sideshow Collectibles)
- Luke hanging from Cloud City after learning the truth from his father. Honestly, ruling a galaxy as father and son doesn’t seem so bad.
- Journey Studios. (Based on my signature JO)
- My beloved Cintiq. www.wacom.com
- UPS voltage regulator. Believe it or not, blackouts happen regularly.
- Favorite mug of the Man of Steel.
- Comic-con badges. Yes, I collect them too.
- Cork with lost of essential information and reference. Also I have a picture of my nephews up there.
- Marathon finisher medals. (New York, Miami, and Chicago)
- A3 Hewlett Packard printer.
- TV used as an extra monitor.
- Darth Vader helmet.
- Poster of Showcase # 4. (First appearance of the silver age Flash)
- The Flash placemat with his origin revealed.
- Poster of Eduardo Risso’s illustration of 100 Bullets, dedicated to me of course.
- Conan O’Brien sculpture I made of clay.
- Coca Cola through the decades.
- South Park characters.
- Blu-Ray collection and some small books.
- Original Art by Greg LaRocque. Favorite interpretation of the Flash.
- Manga collection. (A very small one)
- Favorite trade paperbacks.
- Female figure Artist Model. (The male is lying around somewhere)
- Absolute hardcovers.
- Victoria Secret catalogs. (They are used for reference!)
- Comfy chair again. It is so good that it needed to be mentioned twice.
- I guess the Superman cup is as good as the chair since it’s already on the list.
- Flash mouse pad. (I guess you’ve figured it out already. I like The Flash)
- Gentle Giant Star Wars Bust collection.
- The Flash by Alex Ross.
- Pull up bar to stretch my back. Rarely used for exercise.
- Rorschach bust.
- DC Comics superheroes lithography by Warner Brothers.
- Leia in the golden bikini of course.
- Storm Shadow bust.
- SVA Graduation cap.
- Kingdom Come Superman statue sculpted by Alex Ross.
- Star Wars statues collection.
- Other statues.
- The Joker statue collection.
- Custom Joker statue. Who is the artist I wonder?
- The Flash collection.
- Comics. Lots of them.
- Munny Flash painted by Jo. (That’s me)
- Resin statue made by Jo.
- More trade paperbacks.
- Even More trade paperbacks. (That Flash hardcover is in Italian)
- Dylan Dog collection (in Italian of course) donated by a good friend of mine.
- Luigi, number one! (This time number sixty five)
- Mug of the Flash and me, given as a gift from my brother.
- Preacher action figures.
- Souvenir from my honeymoon. A man drawing on a drafting table made of tin. (Granted, the tin figure is supposed to be an architect, but you get the idea)
|Portrait of my sister Mariella|
|Journey Studios Logo|
|Mini-comic The Journey|
There are two anecdotes with two of my illustrations. The first one was a comic style painting I made of “El Chapulin Colorado”, which is a character in a comedy about a Mexican Superhero performed brilliantly by Chespirito (You may have heard him in “El Chavo del 8”). I dare to say that the majority of Latin America and mainly my generation hold this actor with high regard. He made our childhoods sweeter and everybody will remember him as what he really is, a legend. The fact that not only he acknowledged my illustration but also thanked me for it and reposted it using his own account in Instagram made me smile for the rest of the day. The second work was a caricature of a well-known politician and now major of my city Guayaquil, Jaime Nebot, who not only thanked me for it but also took a picture of himself holding the caricature. I respect him a lot so it was a great honor to get this recognition. Also via his Facebook account my work reached almost 10,000 likes, which is not too shabby, no, not too shabby at all ;)
|El Chapulin Colorado|
|Jaime Nebot caricature|
|Jaime Nebot with caricature|
|Superman vs. Lex Luthor|
|Batman colored sketch|
|Hulk vs. The Marvel Universe|
|The New Justice League|
|The Buff and The Photogenic Kid|